Tec Trimix 65 Course
This course opens up the advantages of trimix for deep diving, and divers are qualified to make multi-stop decompression dives that employ nitrox and oxygen for accelerated decompression, and any trimix with an oxygen content of 18% or more. Graduates can dive to a maximum depth of 65 metres.
What You'll Learn
The PADI Tec Trimix 65 course is intended to extend the depth range of technical divers already trained and qualified to use air, enriched air and oxygen for technical decompression dives beyond 50 metres.
This course is for Tec 50 divers (or those holding a qualifying certification from another training organization). The course extends your depth range capabilities by training you to use trimix (a blend of helium, oxygen and nitrogen). During the course, you will:
- Plan and execute at least five dives using EANx and trimix blends
- Use decompression software to create custom dive tables and dive plans
- Make training dives as deep as 65 metres
Scuba Gear You'll Use
- Twin cylinders (minimum size 24lt) with isolator manifold
- Primary and secondary regulators, one with two metre hose for gas sharing, and one with SPG
- Stage cylinders with regulator, SPG and proper markings. Two per diver will be required
- Backup decompression cylinders as appropriate and required for the environment
- BCD and harness – redundant buoyancy control is required (double bladder BCD or dry suit if suitable for weight of equipment worn)
- Depth gauge/computer and backup depth gauge/computer
- Timing device and backup timing device
- Trimix decompression information (tables or trimix computer) and backup decompression information
- Exposure suit appropriate for environment and dive duration (If you use a dry suit, you should be trained/experienced with its use in recreational and technical diving prior to using it for trimix training or diving)
- Dry suit inflation system
- DSMB & Reel
- Emergency DSMB (bright yellow preferred)
- Dive knife or cutting device, backup slate and backup mask
Learning Materials You'll Need
The Tec Trimix Diver Crew-Pak includes all required materials, including a course manual, deep stop calculation table, trimix decal and an emergency procedures slate.
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organisation and having proof of CPR and first aid training with the previous two years)
- Be certified as a Tec 50 (or hold a qualifying certification from another organisation)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have logged at least 100 dives
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
Ready To Book?
Simply choose from one of our available course dates below. A £100 deposit will secure your chosen course start date, and the balance can be paid any time before the end of your training. If you don’t see any suitable dates, please get in touch and we can try to accommodate your request.